Luc fits the criteria for borderline personality disorder pretty damn well. How about that. He was supposed to be one of the mentally stable ones! Oh wells.
- Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment
- A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation
- Identity disturbance, such as a significant and persistent unstable self-image or sense of self
- Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., spending, sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, binge eating)
- Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, or threats, or self-mutilating behavior
- Emotional instability due to significant reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days)
- Chronic feelings of emptiness
- Inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights)
- Transient, stress-related paranoid thoughts or severe dissociative symptoms
I think he has a pretty solid identity and isn't suicidal, although he does seem ambivalent to suicide when I ask him...he says he'd "sacrifice" himself "to preserve his image" which is kinda sad. Not to mention narcissistic.
WHY ARE ALL MY PEOPLE PSYCHO
I am kind of depressed to find out that the one who appeared so alive, playful, and assertive still feels just as empty and broken and alone as everyone else in here. He's just overcompensating for those feelings, hiding them from even himself, which probably makes him the WORST out of all, actually. He admitted these things to me, I'm not just making assumptions.
Also Luc isn't really an OC, but I haven't really had the time or energy to explain what I think he is to you guys. Plus, you'll think I'M psycho if I tell you.